Wednesday, September 11, 2013

DC: Day 4 - The New Frontier

Oh, Say Can DC …
Day 4 – The New Frontier

My last night ended with late night room-service pizza and a realization of how lucky I was to be able to spend this time here with my boyfriend. I know most companies frown on their employees bringing guests, but all of his workers said they couldn’t wait to see me at the next conference. I was very worried that I wouldn’t fit in with his employees or they wouldn’t approve of my being there. It was just the opposite. 

All good things must come screeching to a halt though, right? And they did.

My flight left at 8:55 the next morning. Meaning an early morning after a late night. I was up and fine after a cup of coffee. Next, the cab to the airport.

It had gotten confusing when I tried to explain to others why I was there. I simply started telling people I was attending the conference too - people like taxi drivers. This driver was amazed that I was knowledgeable of something so technical and I was proud of the alias I created in that 20-minute drive to the airport.

Being an overly-punctual-lady, I had gotten to the airport too early. The check-in desk wasn’t even open for my flight! A few other early birds and I had to wait about 15-minutes for it to open up.

I had never flown Frontier before. Not sure I ever will again if I have the choice. Flight was delayed about 20-minutes. The flight attendants are borderline sassy / rude. Not to mention, that complementary soda you usually get on other flights? Yeah, you have to pay for that on Frontier. There’s no leg room
"Foxy" got us there safe though!
(of course you can pay to upgrade for “stretch” seating). You can tell, they’re trying to make as much money as possible by taking advantage of cramming dozens of people into a confined space and giving them limited options.

The first flight was smooth. And the Denver Airport is surprisingly nice, minus the many interesting people who fly out of there. I had the pleasure of sitting next to a man, while I was eating lunch, who was vividly (and loudly) telling the story about how he walked in on his wife with a Mexican from work in his bed. And let me remind you, he was loudly describing this story. Poor me and the little old ladies next to me who shared awkward glances at each other while we ate as fast as we could.

My second flight arrived late too. I thought to myself, “Yup, never flying Frontier.” My row companions consisted of a Southern woman who prayed out loud during take-off and landing and a 6’3” lanky man who was very upset that you had to pay for television on the flight (this I was okay with, because during the free trial of what you could watch, he turned to Tosh.0 and was cracking up watching some projectile vomit segment, yeah, no thank you).

I turned on my music and closed my eyes. Next thing I knew, I was in a cab back home from an amazing trip. 

And I look forward to where I, I mean he, goes next, and of course, I will tagalong if I can.


Until then!

1 comment:

  1. Now I know where to go if I need ideas what to do when I'm a tagalong! Very cute blog, and props to you for venturing out by yourself!

    ReplyDelete