Tuesday, September 10, 2013

DC: Day 3 - Monumental Adventure

Oh, Say Can DC …
DAY 3 – Monumental Adventure

WARNING. 
THE FOLLOWING BLOG CONTAINS MANY “SELFIES.” THE PHOTOGRAPHER WAS TRAVELLING ON FOOT WITH AN IPHONE AS DOCUMENTATION DEVICE. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY THE TAKING OF “SELFIES” YOU ARE ADVISED TO LOOK ELSEWHERE.
THANK YOU AND PLEASE ENJOY THE FOLLOWING NARCISSITIC BLOG.

I could spend the rest of this post typing out where I went on this beautiful Monday, but you know, I documented everywhere I went (with the exception of the American History Museum which didn’t allow for photography) in pictures.


Here goes my monumental adventure!

We start at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History!
Mosasaurs. 

I call this - Turtle, Turtle.




This is Fido's first traceable ancestor!
Hmm, you think he'd bury himself? Sorry bad bone joke.

Taggin' along with some fossils.



This guy look familiar? Here's why!


These guys were literally, giant sloths.
How awesome (and terrifying) would that be?




"Oh, you know, just hangin' out..."

Onto the next adventure, I found a butterfly garden! 
AKA a place to show off my new haircut!





Next, the Monuments and Memorials begin!
Washington Monument under construction!

WWII Memorial


Of course, California photos were necessary.



Hey! I've got a monumental idea!
Walking past the Reflection pond
 to the Lincoln Memorial



Some of these monuments legitimately gave me chills.




(HINT: If you pretend to be taking a picture of something else, then you can get away with taking a picture of yourself simultaneously!
Lincoln Memorial

Washington, D.C. is sure a beautiful place.

Korean War Memorial



At the sombering Vietnam Veterans Memorial, I walked by an elderly man wearing a Navy hat. He stopped. Reached his hand up to a name, held it there, and gave it a couple pats before he walked away. I badly longed to know his story, but I didn't want to intrude on his moment. I can only imagine the memories these names provoke and the stories they took with them.

____________________________________________________________________

Guess who was standing here to take this picture?
This rebel, right here.

The White House


"Wait, what was that Mr. President?"



As I was taking this picture, I guarantee
someone else was taking one of me.

I was right! I got caught!


LIVE from the Capitol!
Coming to you from the NBC newsroom.
Next, I got to enjoy my inner-geek. The Data Conference my boyfriend was attending held it's party at the Newseum in DC. This is the ultimate place for a broadcasting major like myself. Simply amazing. 
I could spend all day here. 
(Plus, the place was stocked with free food and an open bar - only enhancing the exhibits!)


































The Newseum is the ultimate Valhalla of BECA history.


No comments:

Post a Comment