Tuesday, September 10, 2013

DC: Day 2 - Cutting it Short

Oh, Say Can DC …
DAY 2 – Cutting it Short
           
I took my sweet time waking up that morning. Losing 4-hours flying cross country, mixed with staying up late and pineapple martinis, resulted in a very sleepy Tasha who was unmotivated to get out of bed before 11:30. Hey! That’s like 7:30 West Coast time! That’s what I told myself so that’s what I’m telling you.

I had until 5:00 when my boyfriend got out of his conference. I had to find something to do. So, I chopped it off. Well, Collette chopped it off. Talking about my hair by the way. 

Sent this picture to my Mom who called it, "short & sassy."
Oh wait, or was she just describing me...
The hotel had a high-end spa. Collette did a fabulous job at interpretting my “shoulder-length” criteria and making it work for me.

With my new hair, I went to go grab some lunch. Naively, I walked into a sports café in the hotel. I had failed to remember that the NFL was kicking off at that moment. Here I walk in, picture a watering hole much like those in the Savannah. And imagine me the lone Zebra and see what would ensue.

When it was time, I got to join my boyfriend (who was happily surprised with my new-do) at his Data Convention and nerd-out! I got to meet his entire work team and they were all so welcoming of me being there. They even found a way to get me into the Data Party on Monday!

My boyfriend works for an alcohol distributing company. His group of co-workers really knows how to ‘expense’ their trips and enjoy their product often. I never really drink. Keeping up with
this crew was rough at first, but somehow I’m here today writing this blog.


The Data Crew
Sunday night proceeded with sparkling wine, elderflower cocktails and Irish coffees. Yuck. Did you just grimace? Because I just did as I typed that out. That sounds like a terrible combination. But you know what? I didn’t feel groggy the following Monday at all. In fact, it was my most productive day yet!

1 comment:

  1. I love all the pictures you took while touring DC. I've always wanted to go. If things work out, I should be going next summer. What are some places you would suggest going(Food, bars, etc.)? Really cool blog.

    ReplyDelete